Wednesday, November 23, 2005

News: German Papers on the New Government

For those readers and web surfers around the world who don't speak German and are wondering what the German media is making of the arrival of Frau Merkel as the new boss, Der Spiegel's international site have an overview from some of them in English.

This quote made me smile, from the Sueddeutsche Zeitung, translated on Der Spiegel;

"At the moment, public confidence in the grand coalition is greater than the confidence the coalition has in itself,"

Hmmm. Now, considering the confidence of those elements of the public I know, the confidence of the coalition itself must be rock bottom.

Der Spiegel Article

(PS. Although Gunther may be around soon, I'm going to leave the politics alone for a while and write about something else...)

2 Comments:

Blogger BerlinBear said...

I reckon that SD quote is utter bollocks. Amusing, but nonsense. I think it misjudges BOTH the confidence of the coalition AND the lack of confidence of the general public.

9:44 pm  
Blogger P. said...

Amusing, but nonsense

That was the tone I was going for...I guess 'made me smile' was a little to subtle, hehe.

9:47 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home