Friday, December 09, 2005

Quirky: Berlin Transport Translated...

This was posted on Metroblogs Berlin. It is the Berlin S- and U-Bahn map translated in English. Todays shopping trip involved a ride on the U2 from Pink-Luxembourg-Square to Alexander Square where I changed onto the U8 down to Crapbussing Gate. The translation of 'Wedding' into 'Hochzeit' made me smile.

It reminds me of the time when I first arrived in Berlin and was looking for the address of the Volkshochschule in Kreuzberg. Using Google's wonderful 'translate this page' function I found that I needed to go to 'Water gate route 4' in 'Cross Mountain', have a look.

The translated transport map can be found here, and Fontblog has links to the map, as well as the Munich transport map in English and the London underground map in German, here.

3 Comments:

Blogger daggi said...

But surely, unless you've only very recently arrived in Berlin, the VHS Kreuzberg would have been in "Frederick's Street" at "Checkpoint Charlie" - not quite as difficult a translation I suppose...

1:11 am  
Blogger P. said...

It was about 3 years ago...so I don't really remember...I also don't remember WHY I thought I needed to translate the page just to find an address...

It was all a little confusing back then...

10:13 am  
Blogger P. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:35 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home